Saturday, April 26, 2014

Anandaloke Mongolaloke


Living in a foreign land, is, strange!!

Vihaan and I are participating in a Indian Festival, here in Stockholm, Sweden. Somani di is leading the singing group, with kids from the age of 4 to 10 years, and their mums. The program has a set of songs, one of which is Rabindranath Tagore song - "Anandaloke Mongolaloke".



What a wonderful song. Takes me back to my school, yes, once again. Being a part of the choir, I must have sung this song atleast 50 times. And now, after so many years, I sing it as a mom of the little performer.

Sheer Nostalgia grips me today. 



Linking this post to UBC, April 2014 




2 comments:

  1. this is lovely. I am forever remembering my past with happiness! xox jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jean. This is a Bengali song. Bengali is a language spoken in eastern part of India, and it is considered one of the sweetest language in our times.

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for dropping by. Take a minute to pen your thoughts..