Monday, April 21, 2014

Roses and Ramifications..


The ground where the new auditorium (not so new, it was built in 1996, for the school's diamond jubilee), was home to dozens of roses. There was a cobbled path which led upto the old stage, STS's landmark from the Gandhian era. On the left was the open air court. On the right was a well manicured lawn. An old banyan tree proved the "old era" theory. The lawn was lined by roses of varied colors. The mali bhaiya (gardener) used to spent a good time on the rose beds, and the lush green grass. That lawn was not to tread on everyday. It was decorated on annual days, and various other similar events.

From this blooming garden, STS ramified. From the great Kathak legend, Uma Sharma, to Femina Miss India 2014, Koyal Rana, from author Nitasha Kaul, to author Anupama Mohan and Delhi University College principal, Dr S. Lakshmi Devi :STS is making the alma mater proud. 

Leaving you with some wonderful words of my senior, as well as my college principal (perfect coincidence), Dr S. Lakshmi Devi. 




This post is dedicated to the A-to-Z blogging challenge - the largest Blog Challenge in the history of Blogkind. My selected theme is "memories of St. Thomas' "- my Alma mater. This is the eighteenth post of the challenge, and is linked to the letter R: R for Roses and Ramifications.. 
Linking this post to UBC too. 



8 comments:

  1. Hey nice post, but why are you not sharing your posts on google plus? pls do share !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ananya. I recently shifted my comments away from G+. So the auto share option got disabled. I will share the posts on G+. :)

      Delete
  2. wow
    it feels so good for school teachers to see the same students come out with flying colors
    I was hoping to see the rose-bedded path's pic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks Afshan. I wish I had some pictures. I have a few in India. Will try to get them. And a visit to school is pending as well. :)

      Delete
  3. Sorry couldn't visit this blog for the last few days. Good to be back and read about some more happy and proud memories you have of your school days and what it means to you. Nice post, Arpita. STS surely produced some great personalities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Beloo!! no worries about not reading. The same goes with me. I am missing on reading quite a bit. Thank you for your wonderful comments.

      Delete
  4. thank you--I am so glad I found you today! I love your entries! jean xox

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for dropping by. Take a minute to pen your thoughts..