Saturday, April 26, 2014

The green checkered skirts - STS uniform


In India, uniforms are mandatory in school. All students follow a uniform dress code till high school (Year 12/ Class 12). Each school has its own uniform dress. Every morning, I wore my dress with pride, almost like an army soldier, ready to collect the Paramvir Chakra (as my senior Seema Saluja used to say).

We had seperate set of uniforms for summers and winters. The summer dress was light green divided skirt, white shirt, with school motto on its pocket, white socks and brown leather shoes. Nursery till Class 5 used to wear a green tunic instead of a skirt. Due to this, there was extreme excitement to reach class 6. Seniors in divided skirts. What an achievement it was. 

A couple of students accepting RGICS Debate trophy from Mrs Sonia Gandhi


The winter uniform was a little different, a little unique. Scottish green skirts, rust coats, green socks, and brown shoes. 


School Choir singing the school song

I have a set of both resting in my almirah at my mum's. The brown shoes have been replaced by black shoes in the STS uniform now. The mochi uncle (school cobbler) probably left the job (god bless his noble and old soul). 


Showcasing fellow blogger, and writer, Srilakshmi Indrasenan who blogs at I am S(t)ri, Her ongoing story at the AtoZ challenge is a must read. Just a click away!! 


This post is dedicated to the A-to-Z blogging challenge - the largest Blog Challenge in the history of Blogkind. My selected theme is "memories of St. Thomas' "- my Alma mater. This is the twenty first  post of the challenge, and is linked to the letter U: U for uniform at STS.. 
Linking this post to UBC too. 



1 comment:

  1. the school choir looks so smart :) I used to have gray uniform for winters and blue for summers

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for dropping by. Take a minute to pen your thoughts..